How to Play Craps in Steps
Craps is among the most exciting gambling games since time immemorial. Knowing how to play craps is super easy and super fun for every online enthusiast.
Craps is a dice game in which players make wagers on the outcome of the roll, a series of rolls, or a pair of dice.
Even though the table layout makes the game seem confusing, after learning how to play Craps, the rules are easy to pick up with experience.
There are large bets available, but only a few are worth trying out. These few bets are some of the best bets in the casino.
Craps was developed in the United States from a simplification of the western European game of hazard but exploded in popularity during World War II.
Points to Note
How to play Craps should be accompanied by the knowledge of;
- The kinds of bets available
- How a round of craps play out
- How to practice proper etiquette to be a good player
How to Play Craps
- Craps has many wagers available,and the game is structured greatly around the pass line bet.
- The bet is placed by each player placing chips on the craps' layout pass line with some of the bets requiring the dealer to move your chips.
- This pass sequence always starts with a come-out roll, then the shooter follows by rolling the dice.
- The Pass bettors win only if the roll is11 or 7 and get to lose if it is 2, 3, or 12. Otherwise, any other rolled number becomes the point.
- When the shooter rolls any point number on the come-out, he has to keep rolling until he rolls a similar number again in order to win an even-money pay-off or roll a 7 to lose.
- Also, If the shooter rolls his point, he keeps rolling with this new come-out. If he doesn't, he rolls a 7 to lose and the dice rotates to a new shooter.
Every area of the craps layout shows a different bet, and luckily you can place more than one bet at once.
- If the chips are placed on the pass line, that's a pass bet you're making (a multi-roll wager).
When you're playing craps online, you can easily make bets by clicking the screen's layout.
In live dealer casinos, you can place bets on come, don't come, pass, don't pass, and the field by placing your chips on the Craps layout.
For any other bets, you're supposed to place your chips in front of you on the Craps layout then tell the dealer what you want.
The most common wagers include;Multi-Roll bets
- The house has only a 1.41% edge on a pass or come bet.
- The house has a 1.36% edge on don't pass and don't come bets, making them slightly more likely to payout.
- House edge of the field is or 2.78% or 5.56% : If the next roll is any number from 2, to 12, you win
- The winner is paid 30-1 on hard hop bets and 15-1 on easy hop bets with a house edge of 13.89% or 11.11%
Rules of Playing Craps
- Two six-sided dice are used, and the bet is made on the total of the numbers that land face up on both dice.
- The dealer is not permitted to take money directly out of your hand. You must put your money on top of the table, and the dealer then will take it and give you chips.
- You'll usually be asked to choose from a range of minimum and maximum bets.
- In live casinos, shooters take turns whereas virtual dice are rolled at online casinos, and a random number generator determines the results.